We’re always on the hunt for quick, nutritious and delicious lunch box snacks for the littles (and the bigs) and these Collagen Jam Drop Cookies by Sheridan Joy Austin are the goods. Sheridan Joy Williamson is a qualified holistic Nutritionist and a certified Gut and Psychology Syndrome (GAPS) practitioner, whereby she uses food as medicine to support health and vitality. Sheridan is a fellow mama, speaker, nutrition consultant, recipe creator and writer.
200g frozen and thawed organic strawberries OR blueberries
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 tbsp chia seeds if using strawberries and 1.5 tbsp if using blueberries
1 tbsp sweetener of choice
Blitz the berries of choice till chopped down but still chunky. Add all of the remaining ingredients and simmer on low just until it’s thickened and combined. Set aside. You’ll have leftover jam to use for cassava pancakes, on top of healthy bread with nut butter etc
2 cups blanched almond meal
4 tablespoons collagen
3 tablespoons coconut oil
2 teaspoons vanilla essence
3 tablespoons sweetener of choice including Lakanto, coconut sugar, rapadura sugar or maple syrup
Strawberry or blueberry chia jam
* I also like a decent pinch of salt
1. Preheat your oven to 180 degrees celsius.
2. Combine all of the ingredients apart from the chocolate chips and either mix thoroughly
3. Scooping out a tablespoon at a time, roll into balls, flatten with your hands and form a little scoop in the centre for the jam dollops. I used the back of my measuring tablespoon for this!
4. Place on a lined baking tray and dollop the jam in.
5. Place them all in your oven and bake for 15-20 minutes or until slightly golden.
6. Whilst they are delicious warm, they are more firm/together once they have cooled.
ENJOY, a lot…